NTS || Online GAT-General Preparation
The Higher Education Commission (HEC) has assigned National Testing Service (NTS) the responsibility to conduct
Graduate Assessment Test GAT-GENERAL.
- The test result will remain valid for 2 years for admissions in M. Phil and HEC Scholarship Schemes
- Candidates intending to improve their previous GAT score can also apply.
- The candidates will have to qualify other specified criteria of the Universities/HEC Schemes.
- Candidates with a minimum of 16 years of education are eligible to appear in the test.
GAT-GENERAL is distributed into 3 categories (A, B, C) according to 3 disciplines to accomodate all fields of study for the distribution
of questions appear in the paper. Detail is tabulated below. Click any category to view the fields of study in the relevant discipline.
|GAT A||Business Education|
Engineering & Technology
|GAT B||Arts & Humanities|
|GAT C||Agriculture & Veterinary Sciences|
Biological & Medical Sciences
From above table, it is clear that each test type consists of 100 questions, divided in 3 sections (verbal, quantitative, analytical).
These 3 sections may contain 9 types of questions. Each question is in a multiple choice format, with 4 or 5 possible answers.
These sections and types of questions are given below:
- Verbal Ability Online Test Practice
- Antonyms: Online Test Practice
You select a word that is most nearly opposite in meaning.
- Analogies: Online Test Practice
You select a pair of words that expresses a best relationship in similarity to the original
pair of words.
- Sentence Completion: Online Test Practice
A word or words are omitted from a sentence. You select the word or words that are when
inserted, best fit the whole sentence to give the true meaning.
- Reading Comprehension: Online Test Practice
You answer questions about reading passages from a variety of topics.
- Quantitative Ability Online Test Practice
- Problem Solving:
You solve multiple-choice general math and word problems.
- Quantitative Comparison:
You compare the quantities given in two columns and identify the larger
- Data Analysis:
A test of interpretation of charts, graphs and tables.
- Analytical Ability Online Test Practice
- Analytical Reasoning:
You need to draw reasoned conclusions and relationships based on different sets of
- Logical Reasoning:
You drive logical conclusions and relationships from a variety of situations
NTS || Online GAT-Subject Preparation
These tests are prepared on international level, i.e. to assess students' capability
and existing knowledge in their specific/major area of study and have also been conducted for
admissions, recruitment and scholarships of MS & PhD programs. These tests are held 2 times a year. The
scores of this test remain valid for 1 year. Candidates with a minimum of 18 years of education are
eligible to appear in the test. The high score of GAT-subject may help candidates in
achieving scholarship from Higher Education Commission.
- Major Subject (70 questions)
- Verbal Ability (15 questions) Online Test Practice
- Antonyms Online Test Practice
- Analogies Online Test Practice
- Sentence Completion Online Test Practice
- Reading Comprehension Online Test Practice
- Analytical Reasoning (15 questions) Online Test Practice